Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 319

Thread: And why should the public have access to these again?

  1. #191
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And why should the public have access to these again?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Milk3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Monkeyhead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Once again if the Gov't decided to take over the country would you want to own a AK-47 or my little girls pink single shot .22 cricket? </div></div>
    He's knows Obama is going to do this and he's so far up Obamas arse he don't want the smart ones like us to be able to fight it </div></div>

    That might be the most idiotic thing you have ever posted. Keep it up.

  2. #192
    Inactive Member Monkeyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And why should the public have access to these again?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Monkeyhead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Once again if the Gov't decided to take over the country would you want to own a AK-47 or my little girls pink single shot .22 cricket? </div></div>

    If you were sitting in a library and a guy come in and unloaded, would you rather him have a AK-47 or pink single shot .22 cricket?
    IMO my scenario is more likely to happen with an assault weapon. </div></div>

    Why did you not answer the question? As for your question it does not matter someone will more than likely die. I would rather them have an AK-47 than a pink shotgun, so should they be taken out our hands also?

    It does not matter what your opinion may be, you can not predict which scenario will happen first. Hopefully neither one does, but there is always the risk of them happening.
    crack is whack

  3. #193
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And why should the public have access to these again?

    I am not to afraid of the govt. rushing in trying to kill me nowheres near as much as I am when I go to college and being afraid of someone pulling one of these types of guns, or any type really and opening fire. Though they could use any gun, these in particular could kill many more and do a lot more damage.

  4. #194
    Inactive Member Monkeyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And why should the public have access to these again?

    I do not fear either one as of now. Could it change in the next 5 to 10 years, maybe 10 to 20, who knows? I have to think about the future of my family. Do I want to let the Govt. take something away from me now only to have it haunt me in the future
    crack is whack

  5. #195
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And why should the public have access to these again?

    I understand where you are coming from, but right now I am in college and thats the main problem I am worried about with these weapons. Both scenarios are scary to think about, but to me right now, the one I am talking about is a whole lot more realistic.

  6. #196
    Inactive Member imported_GC1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 2002
    Posts
    1,738
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And why should the public have access to these again?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlueWahooChambor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlueWahooChambor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the "alot of lives at risk" part

    thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard

    would you say that more lives are at risk from people drinking and driving than they are from people who choose to own a gun?

    lets ban drinking.......hell while were at it......lets just ban cars because of the number of accident related deaths every year

    what else do you want to ban? </div></div>

    That argument was compared to pot, which should be legalized. But cars are needed and alcohol is needed lol...I'd like for you to tell me how an uzi is needed? </div></div>
    alcohol is needed?

    really?

    but again........you said it put lives at risk by people owning a gun

    im still waiting for you to tell me how

    how is somebody who legally purchases a firearm putting lives at risk?

    regardless of the type of weapon.......a law abiding citizen who legally owns it

    how is them owning a gun putting lives at risk? </div></div>

    Didnt you catch the lol after it?

    Hey genius, I havent been talking about any gun. The whole conversation has been about assault weapons, not a regular rifle. So again why shouldnt guns like uzi's and tec-9 not be banned? </div></div>

    So how do you define an "assault weapon"? If I take a pellet rifle and shoot you with it that is an assault weapon isn't it? Hasn't an assault been committed?
    "We cannot expect the Americans to jump from capitalism to Communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving Americans small doses of socialism until they suddenly awake to find they have Communism."
    - Soviet Leader Nikita Khrushchev, 1959

    Welcome to the USSA!

  7. #197
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And why should the public have access to these again?

    That'd be assault with a weapon, doesnt make it an "assault weapon". I am talking about guns that were listed under the Assault Weapons Ban of 1994.

    "Assault weapon refers to semi-automatic firearms (that is, firearms that, when fired, automatically extract the spent casing and load the next round into the chamber, ready to fire again) that were developed from earlier fully-automatic weapons. By former U.S. law the legal term assault weapon included certain specific semi-automatic firearm models by name (e.g., Colt AR-15, H&K G36E, TEC-9, all AK-47s, and Uzis)"

  8. #198
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And why should the public have access to these again?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not to afraid of the govt. rushing in trying to kill me nowheres near as much as I am when I go to college and being afraid of someone pulling one of these types of guns, or any type really and opening fire. Though they could use any gun, these in particular could kill many more and do a lot more damage. </div></div>

    Like the Assault Weapons Ban of 1994 really stopped anything from happening. ie Columbine 1999.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  9. #199
    Inactive Member Milk3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2008
    Posts
    2,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And why should the public have access to these again?

    I think it's funny when R13 calls other people stupid to try to hide his own stupidity when it's been talk about countless time by numerous people haha
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]

  10. #200
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And why should the public have access to these again?

    I can't recall ever seeing a more ignorant person a loooong time.
    People like him either learned very quickly or suffered very badly during my military days. A grenade in the drawers could be just what he needs. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •